Child Support Home

The Child Support Web is your portal to child support resources and news on the Internet. On this site you will find information about calculating and collecting child support, finding an attorney, getting help from the government and finding the law.

About Child Support

Child support consists of payments made by one parent to the other to support a child after divorce or on a finding of paternity. It can also include medical insurance payments as well as reimbursement for out-of-pocket medical.

Each state (plus the District of Columbia) sets its own rules for the support of children. No two states have identical laws, although there are similarities in the rules among the states. Most states take into account the income of both parents, then make certain deductions. One parent then pays the other an “equalizing” payment.

For information about your state, or about an issue (such as suspending driver’s licenses), you can either use the “Search” box on the upper right of this page or use the “Categories” drop-down menu below the “Search” box.

About this Site

This site is an online resource and information portal for those who need information about child support. The site includes links to government offices, including guidelines pages and pages where you can calculate the amount of you should be receiving or paying. This site also publishes national and state news, plus articles written by family law attorneys.

This site is an information clearinghouse. It is not designed to give legal advice, and what you read on this site does not contain legal advice. You can obtain competent legal advice only from an attorney in your jurisdiction, after you explain your situation to that attorney.


Texas Child Support Calculator – called CS Calc for short – the iPad/iPhone app that calculates Texas guideline child support. CS Calc 2016 is now available for purchase from the iTunes store and from the Android Play store.

2 comments for “Child Support Home

  1. Lester W. Reed
    June 10, 2014 at 6:36 am

    I owe back child support of 30,000 plus about 81,000 interest, can you help me please?

    • admin
      June 10, 2014 at 1:21 pm

      Thank you for contacting us. However, we do not give legal advice. Moreover, child support is state-specific. You should contact an attorney where you reside for advice, even if the child support order was rendered in another state.

Leave a Reply